Thursday, March 29, 2012

I like working

The other side of Sabbath is work, and I really like work.  I especially like physical labor.  Monday I pounded nails at the cabin, and yesterday I tore out carpet, sanded floors, put at 4'x7' hole in a wall (future closet door), etc... and I enjoy it.  Overall my body feels better when it is working.  I like the hands on nature of this type of work - but I don't do it for a living.

Should I be following my passion for building? Should I be following my call to the pastorate?  Do I like building because my livelihood does not depend on it?  Questions in my mind, but I'm not going to take the time to write answers now because I need to go build a wall.  But while I build I will mull these questions and more.  (another reason I like physical labor - I think well while doing it)

Off to get some sore muscles, and a clear mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment