Tuesday, March 27, 2012

All in good time...

Yesterday I made it to The Woods - and yesterday was the right day.
Today we might just close on the house - and if we do, today is the right day.

My mind is going in so many different directions in relation to what should be coming out of my fingers that nothing is....

  • The life we are living is the best life possible if we are seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.
  • There is an interesting (tricky) balance between pushing hard for what we want, and taking things as they come.  There is a time for both - how to know?  Proverbs 3:4-5
  • Yesterday was great, Tobiah came along.  It wasn't just my get away, nor just getting work done, but it was a get away, while working, with a wonderful connecting time with our middlest son.  
  • I went to The Woods to get work done - and now there is a tire swing at The Woods.  That wasn't the planned work - but my work yesterday became more about being a father than building walls.
  • It makes no sense to me that our closing is today, not three weeks ago.  Why is this timing better?  It could be that it is not better - but I trust that it is?  Is this back to rationalization, and a means of coping where we take what is and adapt our minds to it?  Is that bad?  It seems like there are some very good benefits to it - or maybe I'm thinking too much again.
  • When I think of the title of this entry "All in good time" the "All" really stands out to me.  I fully believe that Jesus came to give abundant life, life where we can have it all.  But for this to happen we have to both give all we have, and give up all we have.  It is all in God's hands - but we are very active agents.
Time to go be an active agent - God please guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment