Sunday, November 14, 2010

Practice what you preach/blog

We all know the phrase "practice what you preach" and unlike most people, for me it becomes quiet literal.  My last blog written in the daze of another full day might have sounded a bit preachy against all those camera devotees.  However, it was more a message to myself.  So, I tried to listen to myself - as we did the stations of the cross on the Via Dolorosa, reading and praying together as a group as we wound our ways through the old narrow stone streets of Jerusalem I determined to keep my camera in my pocket.  It wasn't easy, there were scenes I would never see again - but I got to see them.  The camera doesn't make that any more or less real.

It was a wonderful journey, starting out at 5:30 from the hotel, on the path before 6am.  I was struck by the pain of Mary - seeing her son suffer, and the love we have for our children, and from our parents.  Jesus suffered, but for a purpose - if you are worshiping this Sunday, I pray that you experience something with touches you as your reach out to God.

Well, we are about out the door (8:20am) to hike Hezekiah's tunnel and then to the Holocaust museum.  It will be another full day.

Good Morning

Full Confession - I did take one photo on the Via - of the Armenian Hostel for Lefty (don't want to get trapped in no camera legalism...)

No comments:

Post a Comment