Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm in Israel (if the airport counts)

How to get a good night's sleep? Well, I know it doesn't involve an 11 hour flight, wondering if you are going to be hassled about your passport. My passport? Yep, hours before leaving I noticed that my passport expires 5 months and 2 weeks – and the Israeli government requirement is 6 months from your departure date... a great chance to put Phil 4:6-7 into practice. It was out of my control, time to trust.

No problem, it was probably the easiest immigration and customs I've done. Now I am sitting with about 1/3 of our group, waiting for the last plane to arrive. So far all I can say is that it is a fine international airport, and spoken Hebrew (via public announcements) has a pleasing almost Japanese sound.

So, realizing I'm barely coherent, I won't write more. We are here safely, and looking forward to a wonderful journey! 

In Christ

"Do not worry about anything.  But in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus"  - Phil 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. "The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah." Isaiah 46:11

    ReplyDelete