Saturday, November 20, 2010

Back at home

Time is a funny thing.  Ceasarea Maritima (our first day) seems ages ago, yet the trip went by quickly, it felt like a very long time away from my family, but now after just a few hours it doesn't seem like I was gone at all.

I have prepared for tomorrow morning, will reconnect with friends tonight, and then Sunday comes.  It will be a good day of sharing, of connecting, of celebrating (Tobiah's Birthday party in the afternoon), of trying to be in this time zone.... All this to say, that quickly life is back to normal.  My two weeks of learning, reflecting, being stretched, hiking, exploring, etc, will quickly fade into the background.  But I know this trip will always be more than most any trip I have taken.  Whether it is listening to the news (or reading it online) and now having a much more comprehensive matrix to hang things one, or reading the Bible and picturing the terrain and knowing the history better, or working with strangers and dealing with group dynamics... this trip will be with me.

There is so much of this trip I may never be able to share, but it is part of who I am.

God's Blessings,
Dirk

No comments:

Post a Comment