Friday, April 15, 2011

Landing in La Paz

I just saw the word factura. It is a term I haven't seen, heard, or thought about in 9 years – but instantly it all comes back. Factura is an official receipt for tax purposes, and it was on a sticker I had to purchase (at a special window) for the back of my boarding pass – tasa – the airport tax. Yes, traveling here is much easier having done it before – I had totally forgotten about the “after you get the boarding pass, before you head to the gate” step. The ticket agent saying, “tasa y puerta ocho” would not have gotten me to the right place... at least not without some back tracking.

Jashton is doing great. It is a tough trip, leaving Miami at 10:30 pm, arriving 5:30 am, at 13,000 ft. waiting in lines, high altitude, little sleep, but he's taking it all in stride. It's great traveling with him – I'm thinking the younger ones would be super miserable at the moment. The current moment is sitting on the plane, waiting to fly to Cochabamba. Fun to walk the tarmac, past all the active airport stuff, and climb the steps to a full sized 737 Boeing jet – which is just getting ready to take off – more later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment