Saturday, April 16, 2011

I didn't see it, but Jashton did...

 What is Jashton seeing and thinking as he enters this new world, so different than anything he experiences is the USA?
I asked him after settled into our room what he noticed on the way up to the house.

"Dogs"

That was his answer, all the dogs wandering the streets.  Of all the things I would have guessed (road quality, dress of people, vegetation, sights & sounds, etc) I don't think I would have even thought to put dogs on the list.  Once you are down here for any length of time (apart from a phobia of dogs) you just take them for granted - you are aware of them, but you don't "see" them.

Today while walking I grabbed some shots of the neighborhood dogs.  I'm drawn to the backgrounds, but Jashton sees the dogs.  It is a joy to travel with a fresh pair of eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment