Friday, February 27, 2015

not your typical top 20 list

Today I asked these questions:
What are trials you face in life?  What are problems you face as a pastor?
Recorded in English, here is the list from 30 pastors and students in Assam, India.

Not your run of the mill, first world problem answers.  But they help explain why after studying the book of Philippians for two days together, the verses which God used to speak to them and encourage them where verses like these:

"I have learned to be content in all circumstances" 4:11

"And my God shall supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." 4:19

"For our citizenship is in heaven.  And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ."  3:20

This verse on citizenship was a verse which I did not even have in my notes originally.  It was added to the end of one of my sessions - primarily because I could draw a parallel between being a citizen of the USA and the privileges it brings, and what it means to be a citizen of heaven.   For people who face the trails and challenges listed above, they do not need any help seeing the benefit of being a citizen of heaven.  They know what it is to eagerly await salivation.

Humbled again.  No need for props, for creative speech, or in depth study - the message of God, the power of the Bible, speaks well on its own.  It has been a wonderful few days of teaching and learning!

and yes, I am a bit taller than the people of Assam...

No comments:

Post a Comment