Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What is that Stuff?

"Every part of me is tired." As I take a moment to write a thought or two, that is what my wife shares with me, and I agree. We have now owned our house for one week and 10 hours, and we are tired. It is a good tired, but the push to make life happen sometimes take it out of you. It also forces re-prioritization.

My last entry, which mused on the importance of maintaining disciplines, asked what gets in the way of the disciplines which make us who we want to be. Well, sometimes, the who we want to be does. I want to be a home owner, I want to have a nicely maintained house, I want to get the work done up front so there is less interferance with life. These aspects of who I am, because of my disciplines, cause it to be be just fine to not have my life dictated by them.

But all the same, even though every part of me is tired.
Even though there is more work to do on the house than I can possibly accomplish before my upcoming trip.
Even though my awesome wife continues to unpack around me...I blog...because it helps me become the me I want to be.

Good Night. Tonight we are all in our own new rooms...

No comments:

Post a Comment