Sunday, February 26, 2012

Taking a good walk

One of the metaphors of life I appreciate the most from the Bible is the idea of walking.  Ephesians 4:1, "walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called."  Micah 6:8, "walk humbly with your God."  Most of the time when I think about walking, and our spiritual walk, my focus is on the relational aspect of walking.

Those thoughts are in this blog: Go for a Walk

Today as I read Ephesians 4 again, the adjectives hit me.  Walk with: humility, gentleness, patience, bearing each other's burdens...how we walk really matters.  It isn't just about forward movement, it isn't just about who we are with, it is our attitude in our walk.  An attitude which puts us in the right place with God, and helps us stay united with others.

1 comment:

  1. Something about this resonates with a comment I made yesterday--- I was lamenting the fact I can't run right now. And I said, "I'm just not able to walk. I don't know the meaning of walk. I can't pace myself." I wonder how often that applies to our spiritual walk as well- we are so impatient for the next high, the next moment of clarity, the next answer.... so difficult to truly WALK, and humbly/gently/patiently at that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete